Clinical Educational Assistant (Part-Time), Veterinary Technology Program
Norwalk Community College, Norwalk, CT
The AVMA-CVTEA accredited Veterinary Technology Program at NCC is a two-year, full-time Associate Degree program. The objective of the program is to provide the classroom, laboratory, and field experience that will prepare students to be highly qualified for immediate employment in veterinary offices, specialty practices, shelters and animal rehabilitation clinics, biological research facilities, stables and dairies, drug and feed manufacturing companies, and in the animal production industry.
- The Clinical Educational Assistant will work closely with the Program Clinical Coordinator to provide instruction, supervision and recording of AVMA-CVTEA Essential Master Skills.
- Instruction will take place at Norwalk Community College and at off-site clinical partners. Student groups will vary in size from 2 or 3 to the full class (up to 24).
- Clinical days are set for each semester, but hours may vary week-to-week depending on the instructional need. The Clinical EA will report directly to the Program's Clinical Coordinator and may also liaise with the Program Coordinator.
* Key Responsibilities:
- Instruct, supervise and record Master Skills per the program’s Standards of Procedure
- Maintain AVMA - CVTEA accreditation standards for instruction
- Serve as a mentor for the Veterinary Technology students
- Collaborate with Program Coordinator and Clinical Coordinator on supervising off-site clinical partners
- Assist in training personnel at off-site clinical partners who will be involved in student instruction
- Be available on a rotational basis for clinical instruction as needed (and scheduled in advance)
This is a part-time position, with estimated 3-6 hours/week during the Spring 2018 semester.
* Degree Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required and Credentialed or Licensed Veterinary Technician
* Salary: $28.88/hourly rate
* Closing Date: Applications will be accepted until position is filled